What an incredible place!
If the Atacama is to far fetched for you, you can easily visit the observatory on La Palma, Canary islands!
2) T3 Timber Transit Technology
More info can be found here.
3) Mercedes digital headlights; what a cool technology!
More info can be found here.
4) Interesting development with nano crystalline structures.
More info can be found here
5) Salamanders on a treadmill? sure it’s sience!
In the name of functional ecology, this salamander hit’s the treadmill.
By now, you all know the drill.
Sit back and enjoy the mysterious, strange and beautiful world of the internets!
2) Always wanted to know this…..
How do teeth grow
3) the art of 404 pages 🙂
4) stereotypical but funny; the undercover bar!
5) the largest waterfall in Russia… I did not know that.
Technology can only do so much.
low tech hand made can be beautiful and a much more intensity to a sculpture.
Just look at this man made rainbow by Gabriel Dawe
The Precision Arduino Timing Relay Imaging Controller a.k.a. P.A.T.R.I.C. and a camera robot make this beautiful video, without the usual CGI 🙂
I love the fact that there was so many trail-and-error involved in making the below video.
more about Steve Giralt
I already know that soccer robots will rule the world in 10 / 15 years time, but apparently robots are already dominating the table Football world; awesome stuff man.
Now that we are on the subject, any other robotic sports?
YES, they also go head to head in Ping Pong
Or running along with Usain Bolt (but robots found out long ago that wheels are much better then complicated legs!)
And the recent (first) hole in one by a golf robot
1) Beautiful animation festival winner:
3) Last month the famous Glastonbury festival was held in the UK.
Glastonbury data usage per person: +/- 1.2 Mb/h
In other words: 175.000 visitors, 5 days long 1.2 Mb/h = 25 Tb of total data traffic!
They also had WiFi cows;
Funny thing is that temporary network hardware is called: C.O.W. or Cell on Wheels 🙂
more info after the link
Sisyphus pushing in lego
7) last month at Airport Eindhoven.
1) I came across a very cool offshore solution that I want to share. The company, Ampelmann (of course NOT a German company, but a Dutch one 🙂 ) has a killer logo and specializes in offshore access solutions. In other words, how to get safely and easily from 1 ship to a windturbine or another ship at open sea. The video’s (here and here) are simply amazing and one can easily imagine how comfortable it is to use their technology.
2) Talking about spring/damping systems, here’s a cool animated GIF of a competition race car from the Baja 1000
I really love the way it just drops and doesn’t jump up again; nice and smooth.
3) On imgur you can find these “12 oddly satisfying Gifs for your pleasure“. The last one is my favorite.
4) I like it when somewhat complicated maters are explained swiftly and clearly; the rolling shutter camera effect.
More explanation can be found here.