I already know that soccer robots will rule the world in 10 / 15 years time, but apparently robots are already dominating the table Football world; awesome stuff man.
Now that we are on the subject, any other robotic sports?
YES, they also go head to head in Ping Pong
Or running along with Usain Bolt (but robots found out long ago that wheels are much better then complicated legs!)
And the recent (first) hole in one by a golf robot
In the past there was the talented
Or the kind a like equestrian robot horses/dogs from Boston Dynamics
And not to forget the cool CGI? boxing robot 😉
1) Beautiful animation festival winner:
2) close up of
animal eyes. The Llama is beautiful
For more images, click the slideshow
3) Last month the famous Glastonbury festival was held in the UK.
Glastonbury data usage per person: +/- 1.2 Mb/h
In other words: 175.000 visitors, 5 days long 1.2 Mb/h = 25 Tb of total data traffic!
They also had WiFi cows;
Funny thing is that temporary network hardware is called: C.O.W. or Cell on Wheels 🙂
more info after the link
Sisyphus pushing in lego
7) last month at Airport Eindhoven.
1) I came across a very cool offshore solution that I want to share. T
he company, Ampelmann (of course NOT a German company, but a Dutch one 🙂 ) has a killer logo and specializes in offshore access solutions. In other words, how to get safely and easily from 1 ship to a windturbine or another ship at open sea. The video’s ( here and here) are simply amazing and one can easily imagine how comfortable it is to use their technology.
2) Talking about spring/damping systems, here’s a cool animated GIF of a competition race car from the
I really love the way it just drops and doesn’t jump up again; nice and smooth.
Other “experiments” with suspensions can be found
here and here.
3) On imgur you can find these “
12 oddly satisfying Gifs for your pleasure“. The last one is my favorite.
4) I like it when somewhat complicated maters are explained swiftly and clearly; the rolling shutter camera effect.
More explanation can be found here.
cool video from AMZ Formula student team from Switserland. They broke the world record 0 – 100 km/h in 1.513 seconds!!
1) If the world were 100 people;
the cookie jar I want!!
Privacy on, privacy off; that’s a window
(Thumbs up for the effective simplicity of the animated GIF 🙂 )
4) Transporting a massive wind turbine blade
picture of the transportation of the mold for the blade 🙂
5) incredible marble magnet
6) The lowest possible house moving tech there is 🙂
But very cool to see
7) The incredible and unworldly pictures of
the Urban Jungle by Andy Yeung
8) What happens when you
divide by zero on a Facit ESA-01 electro mechanical calculator from 1954.
three armed drummer
2) New possibilities for bicycle lovers:
Bastion Printing bike parts from Titanium
Ophalen van de vuilnis 2.0 of zo?
4) The best
Raspberry Pi projects
5) This is what it is like to
race with drones!
here the newest link latte.
1) All arcades, all the way, with
these Japanese extravagant arcade machine.
DARPA is at it again.
Fully autonomous flying drones; build from consumer quad copters (loaded with sensory of course 🙂 )
( link to article)
3) Golf robot hits
a hole in one (what did you expect…it’s a robot!)
BB-8 fan has a go at building a little friend.
( link to video)
5) Maybe a new trend on frisdenk;
( link to article)
El Paquete” or how to get Netflix, Hulu, HBO, in Cuba. the beauty of internet
( link to article)
Wind turbine on fire….WTF?
(and how to remove a burned wind turbine.)
8) Behind the magic and other
VFX youtubes; a technological marvel
Star Wars The Force Awakens
this article, I’m happy to say I’m not the only one with this problem 🙂
More on the current CERN upgrade
can be found here and more impressive pictures here.